We value and welcome community at Our Worlds of Adventure; sharing our passion for geeky stuff is why we’re all here. So, if you want to share any of our content on your own site, in your blog posts, on Facebook, on your Pinterest boards, etc., we think that’s just awesome! (Plus, it shows you really, really like us. 🙂 )
But please observe a few rules of etiquette when it comes to fair use, and keep in mind that all original content, including all text, photos, and ideas, remain the intellectual property (copyright) of Our Worlds of Adventure and the post’s author. Failure to give credit where credit is due constitutes a violation of that copyright. Additionally, any projects, ideas, recipes, products, etc. that we use in our blog posts that originate from external websites, remain the copyright of the original website/author, and that ownership will always be identified as such.
So, if you would like to re-post or link to any of our content, again – yay! – but here’s how to do it:
Linking in Your Blog Posts to Our Blogs, Projects, Recipes, or Ideas
- Use only an excerpt of the original blog post and ALWAYS include a link back to the original post on our site.
- You may not re-post a recipe or project instructions. Rather, include a link back to the project instructions or recipe on Our Worlds of Adventure.
- If you would like to re-post a blog in it’s entirety, you must have our express, written permission to do so. Please contact us at email@example.com to request said permission.
- You may include a photo or two with the excerpt, but you MUST maintain our watermark/website stamp with the photo. You may not crop out the stamp that identifies the photo as the property of Our Worlds of Adventure. If you do, that constitutes a copyright violation and is prosecutable by law.
- If you would like a higher-resolution photo, please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org – and we will be happy to provide one.
- Further, please only use one (or two at the most) photos and make sure to include a direct link back to our site with each photo.
- No pictures of our children are allowed to be used without express, written permission.
- If you are inspired by one of our projects or recipes and decide to make a version of your own, include a link back to the original project or recipe on Our Worlds of Adventure.
- Our original ideas, projects, and recipes are NOT for making commercial products.
- If you use any of our content, or otherwise link to our content, a notification email is greatly appreciated. (We like to see where our ideas end up! Plus, we’d love to give you a shout-out on our social media. 🙂 ) Please send all such correspondence to email@example.com.
Links on Social Media Sites, including Pinterest
When linking to any of the content on our site (or our own social media platforms) from a social media platform such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, etc. the origin of the content should automatically remain identifiable. But just in case it isn’t:
- If you use any of our photos in your blog posts, do not pin our photos from your website. Always pin from our website.
- Especially with image based sites, such as Pinterest, make sure the watermark (copyright stamp) remains with the photo. Never crop it out. If you do, this constitutes a copyright violation, and is prosecutable by law.
- No pictures of our children may be pinned/shared without express, written permission.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.