This website is currently written and edited by a husband and wife team, but it has always been our goal to evolve this blog into a community site – one of the many ways we hope to foster and inspire community.
Would you like to be a contributor to Our Worlds of Adventure? We really enjoy sharing our geeky passion for various fandoms, so if you’re interested in writing about any aspect of geek culture, we’d love to hear from you!
We are currently welcoming guest posters as well as those interested in becoming regular contributors. (If you are interested in being a regular around here, see below!)
We accept posts on the following topics; however, this list is not exhaustive. If you have a yearning to write about something not listed here, as long as it is related to some kind of fantasy or sci-fi fandom or aspect of geek culture or lifestyle, we are happy to consider it!
- DIY ideas for home decorating, building, or renovating projects (geek-themed, of course!)
- Ideas, inspiration, and tutorials for geek-themed crafts
- Geek-themed inspiration and project ideas for celebrating holidays
- Your experience, reviews, and ideas for having geeky fun with fitness
- Recipes for geek-themed food (such as an original recipe for a food mentioned in a sci-fi or fantasy book, movie, comic, game, TV show, etc. or your very own take on a food or drink that represents a particular character or fandom)
- Your experience and inspiration for throwing a geek-themed party (both kid & adult parties)
- Your experience, inspiration, etc. with gaming, including RPGs, video games, board games, and LARPs.
- Your tutorials, ideas, and inspirations for cosplay.
- Your experience and advice for attending various sci-fi and fantasy conventions around the world
- Your travels around the world, if they are somehow related to a particular sci-fi or fantasy fandom
- Anything related to the parenting of “geeklings”
- Opinion pieces, especially social commentary (Please keep in mind that we are about inclusion and are not interested in social commentary about exclusion. In other words, please send us your ideas for how women could be better represented in the media and not how gaming is only for boys.)
- Essays (For example, pieces that go beyond reviews to explore metaphors, psychology, mythology, social aspects, etc. of various movies, TV shows, comics, books, games, etc.)
- Reviews for movies, TV shows, comics, books (both fiction and non-fiction), games, etc.
If you’d like to submit an idea for a post, please email us the following information at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name and email.
- Your idea. Be specific about what form the post would take (tutorial, review, essay, etc).
- Links to one or more pieces of writing/blog posts you have written for other websites. (If this is your first go at blogging/guest-posting, no worries! Just copy us a brief writing sample of some kind.)
We are also currently looking to add regular contributors to our roster of writers. Regular contributors could potentially write about a variety of topics or contribute a regular column, such as a regular review of comics.
If you are interested in becoming a regular contributor for Our Worlds of Adventure, we first require you write us a guest post or two, but after that, feel free to let us know of your interest in contributing even more content by dropping us an email at email@example.com, and include the following information:
- Your name and email.
- Links to or the titles of the post(s) you’ve written for us already.
- Your spheres of geek expertise.
- Pitch us your idea(s)!
Please note: All ideas are accepted on spec – meaning we reserve the right not to publish your actual writing/project/recipe if it doesn’t seem to fit in with the feel of our site or our general values. We also reserve the right to edit pieces for grammar, spelling, etc.
And please be patient! We may not be able to get back to you immediately. Allow us a couple weeks for a response to your idea.
We look forward to hearing from you!